What Is Happiness? A Provocative Conversation
Published 29 April 2020 by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network
Under what conditions do human beings experience the highest levels of happiness, life-satisfaction or subjective well- being? Can societies reconcile modernity and globalisation with minimalism and sufficiency? Are decisions on what determines our happiness better made by governments, professionals or even artificial intelligence? SDSN-Malaysia’s 1-hour online programme will draw on the insights of five distinguished experts from different disciplines and social backgrounds on the notion of happiness in an era of sustainable development. Through a series of interviews, we will examine happiness, as seen through the economic, psychological, human rights, health and anthropological lenses.
– Professor WOO Wing Thye – Economics Director, Jeffrey Sachs Center on Sustainable Development, Sunway University
– Ms Jacqueline Ann SURIN- Human Rights Online Facilitator, Web Events That Connect
– Assoc Prof Zubaidah Jamil OSMAN- Psychology Associate Professor, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, University of Cyberjaya
– Dr KHOR Swee Kheng- Health Founder, Malaysian Health Coalition
– Dr Vilashini SOMIAH – Anthropology Senior Lecturer of Gender Studies, University of Malaysia