PhD in Energy, University of Malaya (Malaysia); MEngSc, University of Malaya (Malaysia); BSc Eng (Mech), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Bangladesh).
Professor Saidur Rahman is a Distinguished Research Professor and Head of the Research Centre for Nano-Materials and Energy Technology at Sunway University. He was Chair Professor in the Center of Research Excellence in Renewable Energy at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM). Prior to joining KFUPM, he worked for 18 years at University of Malaya. Thomson Reuters awarded him as a highly-cited researcher for being among the top 1% of researchers with most cited documents in his research field from 2014 to 2016. Professor Rahman also won the highest accumulation citation award from University of Malaya for four consecutive years from 2011 to 2014. He is currently working on improving the performance of solar thermal system with the application of nanofluids and phase change materials.
- Distinguished Research Professor and Head of the Research Centre for Nano-Materials and Energy Technology, Sunway University
- Hong Wei Xian, Nor Azwadi Che Sidik and R Saidur, ‘Impact of different surfactants and ultrasonication time on the stability and thermophysical properties of hybrid nanofluids’, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 110 (2020): 104389.
- Balaji Bakthavatchalam, Khairul Habib, R Saidur, Bidyut Baran Saha, Kashif Irshad ‘Comprehensive study on nanofluid and ionanofluid for heat transfer enhancement: A review on current and future perspective’ Journal of Molecular Liquids, 305 (2020): 112787.
- Yathin Krishna, M Faizal, R Saidur, KC Ng, Navid Aslfattahi, ‘State-of-the-art heat transfer fluids for parabolic trough collector’, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 152 (2020): 119541.
- Navid Aslfattahi, R Saidur, A Arifutzzaman, Rad Sadri, Nuno Bimbo, Mohd Faizul Mohd Sabri, Philip A Maughan, Luc Bouscarrat, Richard J Dawson, Suhana Mohd Said, Boon Tong Goh, Nor Azwadi Che Sidik, ‘Experimental investigation of energy storage properties and thermal conductivity of a novel organic phase change material/MXene as A new class of nanocomposites’, Journal of Energy Storage, 27 (2020): 101115.
- B Kalidasan, AK Pandey, Syed Shahabuddin, M Samykano, M Thirugnanasambandam, amd R Saidur, ‘Phase change materials integrated solar thermal energy systems: global trends and current practices in experimental approaches’, Journal of Energy Storage, 27 (2020): 101118.
- Tamal Chowdhury, Hemal Chowdhury, Monirul Islam Miskat, Piyal Chowdhury, Sadiq M Sait, M Thirugnanasambandam, amd R Saidur, ‘Developing and evaluating a stand-alone hybrid energy system for Rohingya refugee community in Bangladesh’, Energy (2020), 116568.
- Ahmad, S. H. A., Rahman, S., Mahbubul, I. M., & Al-Sulaiman, F. A. (2017). Optical properties of various nanofluids used in solar collector: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 73, 1014-1030.
- Ahmed, A., Al-Amin, A. Q., Ambrose, A. F., & Rahman, S. (2016). Hydrogen fuel and transport system: A sustainable and environmental future. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 41, 1369-1380.
- Akikur, R. K., Rahman, S., Ullah, K. R., Hajimolana, S. A., Ping, H. W., & Hussain, M. A., (2016). Economic feasibility analysis of a solar energy and solid oxide fuel cell based system for power and heat generation in Malaysian territory. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 18, 669–687.
- Al-Fatlawi, A. W. A., Rahim, N. A., Rahman, S., & Ward, T. A. (2015). Improving solar energy prediction in complex topography using artificial neural networks: Case study Peninsular Malaysia. Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy, 24(5), 1528-1535, 2015.
- Allouhi, A., Saadani, R., Kousksou, T., Rahman, S., Jamil, A., Rahmoune, M., & Zeraouli, Y. (2016). Grid-connected PV system installed in an institutional building in Morocco: Technology comparison and performance analysis. Energy and Buildings, 130, 188–201.
- Allouhi, A., Kousksou, T., Jamil, A., Agrouaz, Y., Bouhal, T., Rahman, S., & Benbassou, A. (2016). Performance evaluation of solar adsorption cooling systems for vaccine preservation in Sub-Saharan Africa. Applied Energy, 170, 232–241.
- Allouhi, A., Boharb, Ali, Rahman, S., Kousksou, T., & Jamil, A. M. (2017). In I. Dincer (Ed.), Comprehensive Energy Systems. London: Elsevier.
- Allouhi, A., Zamzoum, O., Islam, M. R., Saidur, R., Kousksou, T., Jamil, A., & Derouich, A. (2017). Evaluation of wind energy potential in Morocco’s coastal regions. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 72, 311–324.
- Amani, P., Amani, M., Rahman, S., & Yan, W.- M. (2017). Hydrodynamic performance of a pulsed extraction column containing ZnO nanoparticles: Drop size and size distribution, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 121, 275–286.
- Ambrose, A. F., Al-Amin, A. Q., Rahman, S., & Amin, N. (2017). Prospects for introducing hydrogen fuel cell vehicles in Malaysia. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 42(14), 9125-9134.
- Assadi, M. K., Hanaei, H., Mohamed, N. M., Rahman, S., Bakhoda, S., Bashiri, R., & Moayedfar, M. (2016). Enhancing the efficiency of luminescent solar concentrators (LSCs). Appl. Phys. A, 122, 821.
- Assadi, M. K., Bakhoda, S., Rahman, S., & Hanaei, H. (2017). Recent progress in perovskite solar cells. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 81(Part 2), 2812-2822.
- Atabani, A. E., & Rahman, S. (2012). Energy economical and environmental analysis of industrial boilers: Application of Variable Speed Drives (VSD), fuel switching and economizers. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
- Aunkor, M. T. H., Mahbubul, I. M., Rahman, S., & Metselaar, H. S. C. (2015). Deoxygenation of graphene oxide using household baking soda as a reducing agent: A green approach. RSC Advances, 5, 70461-70472.
- Aunkor, M. T. H., Mahbubul, I. M., Rahman, S., & Metselaar, H. S. C. (2016). The green reduction of graphene oxide. RSC Advances, 6, 27807.
- Barma, M. C., Riaz, M., Rahman, S., & Long, B. D. (2015). Estimation of thermoelectric power generation by recovering waste heat from Biomass fired thermal oil heater. Energy Conversion and Management, 98, 303-313.
- Barma, M. C., Long, B. D., Sabri, M. F. M., Ramesh, S., Rahman, S., Said, S. M., … & Trung, T. B. (2016). Synthesis of Cu3.21Bi4.79S9 bismuth chalcogenide for thermoelectric applications. Powder Technology, 294, 348–352.
- Barma, M. C., Rahman, S., Rahman, S. M. A., Allouhi, A., Akash, B. A., & Sait, S. M. (2017). A review on boilers energy use, energy savings, and emissions reductions. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 79, 970-983.
- Behroyan, I., Vanaki, S. M., Ganesan, P., & Rahman, S. (2016). A comparative study of various CFD models for convective heat transfer of Al2O3 nanofluid inside a heated tube. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 70, 27-37.
- Ben-Mansour, R., Al-Jabr, A. H., & Rahman, S. (in press). Optimum selection of renewable energy powered desalination systems. Desalination and Water Treatment.
- Bhuiyan, M. H. U., Rahman, S., Mostafizur, R. M., Mahbubul, I. M., & Afifi, A. M. (2015). Experimental investigation on surface tension of metal oxides–water nanofluids. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 65, 82-88.
- Bhuiyan, M. H. U., Rahman, S., Afifi, A. M., & Mostafizur, R. M. (2015). Measurement of latent heat of vaporization of nanofluids using calorimetric technique. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 122(3), 1341-1346.
- Boharb, A., Allouhi, A., Rahman, S., Kousksou, T., Jamil, A., Mourad, Y., & Benbassou, A. (2016). Auditing and analysis of energy consumption of an industrial site in Morocco. Energy, 101, 332-342.
- Boharb, A., Allouhi, A., Rahman, S., Kousksou, T., & Jamil, A. (2017). Energy audit in a paper industry for energy efficiency improvement. Journal of Cleaner Production, 149(2017), 569-581.
- Faizal, M., Rahman, S., Mekhilef, S., Hepbasli, A., & Mahbubul, I. M. (2015). Energy, economic and environmental analysis of a flat plate solar collector operated with SiO2 nanofluid. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 17(6), 1457-1473.
- Farjana, S. H., Huda, N., Mahmud, M. A. P., & Rahman, S. (2017). Solar process heat in industrial systems – A global review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 82(Part 3), 2270-2286.
- Farjana, S. H., Huda, N., Mahmud, M. A. P., & Rahman, S. (in press). Utilization of solar industrial process heat in different countries – a systematic review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
- Fitriani, Ovik, R., Long, B. D., Sabri, M. F. M., Said, S. M., & Rahman, S. (2016). A review on nanostructured materials for thermoelectric application at elevated temperatures. Renewable and Sustainable Energy reviews, 64, 635-659.
- Hanaei, H., Assadi, M. K., & Rahman, S. (2016). High efficiency of antireflection and self-cleaning coatings with incorporating carbon nanotubes (CNTs) into solar cells – a review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy review, 59, 620–635.
- Hasan, M. M., Rahman, S., Haseeb, A. S. M. A., & Masjuki, H. H. (2007). Energy efficient nano coatings for architectural flat glass towards Malaysian low energy buildings. Unimas.
- Hasani, S., Mekhilef, S., Rahman, S., & Taylors, R. (2016). Nanofluid based solar energy harvester, PI2016701779. Malaysia.
- Hasanuzzaman, M., Rahman, S., Masjuki, H. H., Hasan, M. M. (2007). Environmental effect due to the energy consumption of refrigerator-freezer. Unimas.
- Hassani, S., Rahman, S., Mekhilef, S., & Hepbasli, A. (2015). A new correlation for predicting the thermal conductivity of nanofluids based on the Vaschy-Buckingham theorem. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 90, 121–130.
- Hassani, S., Taylor, R. A., Mekhilef, S., & Rahman, S. (2016). A cascade nanofluid-based PV/T system with optimized optical and thermal properties. Energy, 112, 963-975.
- Hassani, S., Rahman, S., Mekhilef, S., & Taylor, R. A. (2016). Environmental life cycle exergy analysis of a PV/T hybrid system operated with nanofluids. Energy Conversion and Management, 123, 431-444.